Thursday, October 19, 2006

... More Condition_symptomspneumonitis

The good and the ugly

a child I was impressed with the idea of \u200b\u200bthe book "The Time Machine" by Wells. I remember being about 8 years old and visiting an aunt, who fell asleep while I was watching TV. Around 2 am the protagonist is given realized that (horror!) Both the Eloi and the Morlock were descendants of human beings. I, under the covers and the eyes bare, I could not help thinking: What would I be? "Eloi and Morlock?

Most people (if not read the last page or turn off the TV before the last minute) would respond without hesitation, Eloi. As Oliver Curry predicts of the London School of Economics. But, to me, when I read it, I have a bad taste in my mouth ... I know genetic discrimination. For the poor, ugly, dumb as that in this theory abound. It seems that you forgot to Mr. Curry (and I wonder if you have read the full story) is that the Eloi were ... the food of the Morlock. Because the barbarians, Gentlemen, always have a more voracious appetite. The beauty in this story, is a disadvantage, not an attribute.

Eloi and Morlock "? For my part, as I chose.

0 comments:

Post a Comment